Heating and Cooling Services & HVAC MaintenanceWashingtonville, NY, Arlington, NY, Montgomery, NY, East Fishkill, NY, Poughkeepsie, NY & Wappingers Falls, NY
Why is regular HVAC maintenance important?
Most common issues with HVAC systems that are not regularly maintained:
Clogged Return Filters
- Dirty Return Filters decrease airflow and force the system to work harder, causing the system to wear out faster than normal.
- Aside from lowering the overall health of your system due to dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and overall bacteria, your family’s health suffers as well, especially those who have bad allergies or asthma.
Dirty/Damaged Limit Switch
- A limit switch tells the system when the air has reached proper temperature, and should be sent through the home, powering the system on.
- It will then shut the system down if overheating.
- DANGER: A damaged or dirty limit switch can cause the system to never power down due to dirt or grime, creating too much heat inside the system and causing the heat exchange to crack. This will immediately release carbon monoxide into the home, and can be prevented by simply changing your filters once a month, and ensuring the air going in and out of your system is clean.
Dirty Pilot Light
- A dirty pilot assembly may not allow the gas to ignite, creating a dangerous scenario, or keeping your system from ever powering on in the first place.
- By regularly having your system cleaned, you will likely never face this issue, and it will end up costing you more time, money, and stress when you need to schedule an emergency service call to have a licensed technician diagnose your system malfunction.
Clogged Blower Motor/Fan Vent
- A dirty blower motor will immediately force it to run harder than designed. Consistent strain on the motor will cause it to overheat and burn out, forcing YOU to purchase a new one and have it installed.
So when should I replace my filters?!
Some telltale signs to KNOW when it is time to replace your air filters include: dust around home or vents, a dusty odor, or even unexplained congestion.
Despite these signs telling you that your filters are overdue and should be changed, you should have your filters replaced every month to ensure the safe and efficient operation of your HVAC system.